Thursday, March 11, 2010

Diary of a mad fat woman!

Greetings and salutations! It seems my ramblings must have finally struck a cord as there seems to be less activity over in this neck of the woods for the past few posts. It strikes me as so ironic that people are SO sensitive to my opinions. Seems many think I'm just an all around Debbie Downer. Well, hmm. I guess if you don't take the time to get to know me and realize I'm a VERY passionate person and learn how to take my words for face value and not what you twist and contort them into meaning, then you're probably just going to remain insulted and probably shouldn't hover over such words. I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. There is a LOT wrong with the world right now. The fact that it bothers me and I choose to call it out doesn't make me a rude or negative person. It makes me a concerned American citizen. A HUMAN with thoughts and feelings that deserve to be expressed.
So if you're still following.. I know you're on the edge of your seat in anticipation of the revelation of today's rant. Well the title says it all! It's all about fat, baby! There has been a lot of recent drama over the new budding superstar whose name I'm not even going to TRY to get right.. ya know.. the girl from Precious. Miss Gabby. I guess some people with a little media power are picking and tearing at her weight, and it's setting some people off. I get it! It's NOT cool to judge a person based on superficial standards. I HATE people who HATE people who are fat. I think it's HORRIBLE that we judge a person's longevity and energy based upon their size.
Having said all that, I HATE fat. Yup! I really did just say I hate people who hate people who are fat. It's a horrible thing to immediately feel contempt for someone just because of their size. I don't hate people who are fat, I just hate fat. There's not one darn thing I like about being fat. I think it's sloppy, it makes me hate shopping for clothes, it's downright unattractive, and it makes me feel more unhealthy than EVER! I despise the fact that I can't make it up half a flight of stairs without being winded. I'm fully aware that my knees would suffer FAR less if I lightened their load by about 75 pounds.
I don't care how you want to argue your case, being more than 30 pounds overweight is damaging to your health. Now that's not to say that the standards for what is overweight and what isn't couldn't stand a little tweaking. I've grown so tired of studying charts which insist that my ideal weight should be 150. I haven't been 150 since middle school. My bone structure alone weighs around 150. I would be hospitalized at anything lower than 180. I can't stand the look of skin and bones. I have NO desire to be SKINNY! The thought of me being skinny is equally repulsive to the contempt I have for my fat.
I just want to be HEALTHY! Just like Queen Latifah! I want to be able to dance. I want to sink into the seat at the movie house without worrying I just might break the sides. I want to not sit in the car in sheer panic over the thought of journeying up the stairs to my apartment.
WHAT is SO wrong with that? WHY do people CONSTANTLY climb down my throat because I'm SO disgusted with my weight. It's OK to not want to be morbidly obese, people. I'm not, nor have I or will I ever, implying that women with curves shouldn't embrace themselves!! Let me clarify that there is a difference between curves and rolling waves!
Let me hate my fat! I don't want to be happy in my own skin! I think America as a whole SHOULD hate fat! It's bad for us, and because of it's increasing prevalence, we've become the butt of all too many jokes that our neighbors overseas make!!
I pledge today to work towards a HEALTHIER (not skinnier) me!
Who's with me??

1 comment: