Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Take me to another place.. take me to another land..

*disclaimer*: This post will be one of my least popular. It is VERY likely that the opinions expressed here do NOT reflect the opinions of ANY of my readers. If you aren't capable of reading with an open mind and responding accordingly, please move along to Suzi Housewife's blog. She'll have a wonderful flowery story for you of Easter Bunnies and Cotton Candy!

Wow! Just when I thought I've seen it all. Generally my first order of business for the morning is to catch up on facebook. Just like any other morning, I did just that today. In addition to this routine, however, for once, I watched the news. I usually avoid the news at all costs as I find it too frustrating, depressing, or inducing of judgemental attitudes that I REALLY need to cleanse myself of. Well today's tidbits stirred all of the above. The first bit I actually paid attention to was the story of a gal who was facing the jury for the homicide of her infant. Said gal stuffed something (I believe it was toilet paper) into her infant's mouth, dumped said infant into a trash can, and left. Said gal plead not guilty. Hmm. So if not death, what result did she expect would transpire from this disposal? How does she figure that she DIDN'T kill her child?
OK.. this entry seemed pretty cut and dry, thus resulting in minimal conversation with myself. Yes, I talk to myself about the news, and a number of other things that frustrate me. I do, afterall, have the most accurate insight to my own thoughts and feelings.
A few less significant stories were broadcast, then the roof caved in! I've neglected to follow closely this particular story, but have heard of it on more than one occasion. A particular man from the Indianapolis area (I believe) is also facing a jury of peers for a similar action. My thoughts on this particular matter, however, vary a great deal. As it happened, this fella apparently fornicated with quite a few ladies who have now pressed charges against him for attempted homicide or some similar grievance. No no no.. the sex wasn't THAT good. You see, what happened, was that this fella is infected with AIDS and neglected to share his status with is partners. His arguement is that "the whore that gave it to him didn't bother to inform him, so he's just paying it forward to more stupid whores". OK.. though I'm not fond of his vernacular, I'm not entirely opposed to his 'semantics'. I'm the first to agree that he should have given those women the knowledge they needed to make an informed choice as to whether or not they wished to proceed with relations. HOWEVER, in a backwards and insensitive way, he does have a point. Why, afterall, is this epidemic so prevalent these days? 1.) Shame. Most people realize that their desirability factor decreases significantly with the announcement of a sexually transmitted disease, especially one as significant as HIV and AIDS. 2.) Abuse of Trust. All it takes to get two people naked and horizontal these days is a little sweet talk. "You speak as though you like me, so you MUST have only the best of intentions with me, therefore it would be silly for me to let something like contraception get in the way of our heat!" PLEASE let me clarify that I am NO stranger to careless relations. God MUST have had a NUMBER of angels watching over me in my day. I'm no stranger to the embarassment of a sexually transmitted disease. There, I said it. I've had to give the speech. I've had to face the fear that someone I was REALLY attracted to might not wish to proceed in a relationship with me due to my stupidity. It's not a fun time, let me tell ya! Although my story differs greatly from someone with HIV or AIDS, the facts are the facts. It takes two to tango. If you suffer the consequences of careless behavior, you're just as guilty as the culprit who inflicted them for not having taken common sense precautions. This opinion isn't popular and may in fact result in some heated feedback.

I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment