Sunday, March 21, 2010

This week keeps getting better!!

It seems watching the news isn't ALWAYS a bad thing! :) Tonight as I was playing one of my favorite online games while winding down for the night, I was listening to the news only to find that Obama's health care reform has passed!! I'm not sure how much more good news I can take this week!
I'm delighted for those of you who are opposed to a healthcare reform. You clearly have excellent medical coverage and/or no fear of a disease taking your life in the event of neglecting medical care due to expenses. Right now I am having to make a conscious decision to not work because I have neglected my health for near 10 years and it's getting the best of me! I spend so much time in Doctor's offices that I have entertained the idea of renting a room at the hospital! I'm fortunate enough to have nearly free medical care at University of Louisville through their classification system, but my bills, as you can imagine don't pay themselves. The idea of me going to work isn't an impossibility. I could get a job, neglect the frequent care my condition requires, and end up in the exact same boat I'm in now. No! I know!! I can inform prospective employers that I must be given an indefinite number of days off so that I can seek the medical care that I need, thus flushing any chance of being offered a position anywhere! I am in the process of getting records together and re-applying for medicaid. Don't you think I'd rather be a productive, hard-working member of society? Don't you think I'd rather be able to pay my bills on my ownand have money to spare? Don't you think I'd rather be able to afford the co-pays, deductibles, and premiums required by standard insurance? I didn't choose to be born with a disorder that would haunt me for the rest of my life. My condition isn't the result of some decision to make life miserable for myself and others.
So before you tear our president up for having the nerve to make history that DOESN'T have the FIRST thing to do with YOU, close your eyes and say a prayer of thanks that SICK people like myself now have a chance at living each day a little less miserably.
I'm starting to think we should have played the powerball yesterday! This week has been the luckiest EVER for me! If you can't be happy for our president, be happy for me, and people just like me all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment