Monday, March 22, 2010

Lengthy, but VERY important to me! Hopefully a GOOD read!

Wow! What an uproar this healthcare reform has stirred! I've lost count of my "facebook friends" who are up in arms about how this country is going to hell in a handbasket because of this day in history! Look, I GET IT! I get that you're concerned about insurance companies. I get that you're concerned about that extra penny or two a year that might actually come out of your billfold. Did you protest the extra money that was figured into your paycheck this year as a result of Obama's taxpayer incentive to you? The way I figure, each and every working, taxpaying American probably banked an extra couple hundred in these 9 months alone. Did you revolt and send those extra dollars back? Many were concerned that at the end of the year, you would suffer when it came time for tax refunds. Well I know for a fact that Kentucky alone offered a FREE service to folks to ensure that they received each and every penny that was entitled to them.
I wonder how you revolted when MYRIADS of moderately overweight folks began to fight insurance companies to have their weight loss surgeries covered? Or how many insurance companies had to file bankruptcy or, worse, close due to all those who fought even harder to have their resulting cosmetic surgeries and all the complications thereof covered. I know you must have been as angered as I was back then! It's hard enough for people like myself with pre-existing conditions to get the first bit of help. Then a few people with contempt for their 50 pounds are going to screw it up even worse? Man.. I bet you were OUTRAGED!
As it stands right now, in order to get the SPECIALTY care that my condition requires, I have to receive ALL services through University of Louisville, who offers a generous program based on income. I pay $15 for a visit to the doctor. Pretty much everything else is offered to me free of charge. Pretty sweet, huh?! I realize this reform might affect that. I also realize that if I want GOOD, SPECIALTY medical care, as it stands today, I have to live within a daytrip radius of a University, and spend at least 3 days a month in the office. Sure there are free clinics out there. Those are great if you have the flu or a sprained ankle. What about specific genetic disorders? Pre-existing conditions? Many of you who are opposed to this reform probably have parents who were opposed to the medicaid system. So you probably think that I SHOULDN'T continue to progress towards applying for disability. That I should find an employer (because they're SO easy to find) who is going to cater to all of my medical needs and leave the light on for me!
All the opposition to this reform is not unlike all the opposition to civil rights, presently and pertinently GAY rights. People are against it because it doesn't benefit them! What a selfish nation we've become! Not one single law that has ever been or will ever be passed effects or benefits every living citizen of the United States of America. Furthermore, I realize that there are duds out there who are quick to screw it up for everyone. I know you're outraged by the folks who lie, cheat, and steal to get a medicaid card and pack out emergency rooms because their nose is running or they have a little ache in their pinky toe. I know it upsets you to hear of all the scandalous flaming gays who jump from bed to bed.. relationship to relationship like it's their last day on earth. Have you looked at the state of heterosexual marriage lately? Have you noticed how easy it is to get married and divorced? Have you bothered to look into your local law dockets lately and see how many couples get divorced on a WEEKLY basis? How is it MY responsibility to protect the sacrament of marriage that YOU so quickly defile?
If you're so outraged with our government, MOVE TO MEXICO!! They'll be happy to have your tax dollars! You're already behind the scenes of them receiving millions as we speak! If you think the good old U S of A stands a chance, get off your butt, quit your facebook kvetching, and START a REVOLUTION! Make your posters, sign your petitions, and GET BUSY!! If you're not part of the solution.. you MUST be.....

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go...you tell them ALL!!!! You need to be the representative for us over here in Indiana;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Debra! I appreciate your feedback. Hey submit2you, why did you delete your comment? I welcome ALL feedback!

    ReplyDelete