Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I believe the children are our future..

OK.. since my prior posts were both introduced with lyrics, it wouldn't be cool to stop now. I'm REALLY REALLY bothered lately by CRUMMY parents. Sorry.. no cute intro, no hi, how ya doin.. going to get right to the meat and potatoes.
I made a conscious choice a long time ago that I am NOWHERE NEAR ready, responsible enough, or selfless enough to have children. SO I haven't. It's not rocket science. If you don't want them, or don't think you'll be able to provide everything they need, ya don't do it. Accidents happen, so if ya DO do it (haha.. do do), and ya still can't provide, then consider a family who can. There's nothing in the world that irks me worse than poor parenting. This generation is raising a society I'm mortified of living to see. There's already so little respect for people and property that I get aggravated just walking out my front door. When you dare blame parenting for people's poor behavior, there are a million people waiting to jump down your throat with a number of excuses. I've heard them all! Lack of discipline in school. REALLY? Your child is in school for about 35 hours a week. That leaves you responsible for 133. So whose roll is more important? What's your story in the summer? Chemical radiation from the sun? Come on, folks.
Maybe because I was raised in a small town by simple folks, I'll never be able to wrap my mind around the self-absorption we're teaching children and young adults. What is REALLY so wrong with the word NO!??? What is REALLY so wrong with teaching a child to respect other people's property? What does a child have to learn by giving it every single knick and knack it whimpers for? Why do children think it's OK to treat furniture like jungle gyms? Because when they fall and bust their head, we're going to hold them and give them candy. Why do children think it's OK to talk back to their parents? Because their parents will send them to their room where they can play one of their 15 gaming systems while talking on their cell phone and watch filth on their 32" t.v.!! Why do teenagers think that they can't complete a sentence without a vulgar profanity? Because their parents can't!
Parenting is a SERIOUS responsibility. I'm OVER this generation of chumps who think it's more important to be their child's friend than their parent.
I'm pretty tired, and don't have much else to say today. Thanks to national news for inspiring today's post. I'm glad all parties involved in the flights that were directed by a child whose dad thought it was "CUTE" are safe and no injuries or fatalities were caused.
Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment